Wausau supports your green building projects and sustainable design goals with experience in more than 20 projects certified through the LEED® Green Building Rating System™ and with more than 30 years of energy-efficient innovations.
- Projects that demonstrate their compliance can earn certification.
- People who demonstrate their knowledge can earn accreditation.
- Products are not formally recognized as LEED-certified, but many contribute toward projects’ qualifications.
- Advice and counsel through our on-staff LEED Green Associates
- Environmentally sensitive manufacturing practices and new manufacturing center, certified as LEED Silver
- Energy-efficient curtainwalls such as HP-Wall; introduced 10 years ago, it remains one of industry’s top performers
- Enhanced thermal performance –XLT option for the INvent™ Series of fixed and projected windows, uses an oversize polyamide thermal barrier to accept triple glazing, and achieve NFRC U-Factors as low as 0.19 BTU/hr.sqft.°F (R 5.3)
- High-performance standard products that enhance daylighting, including NFRC-listed windows
- Pre-engineered Clear Story™ exterior sun shades and interior light shelves
- UL-listed building integrated photovoltaic systems
- Dynamically tintable glazing products through SAGE Electrochromics
- Recycled and regional materials such as high-quality, pre- and post-consumer, recycled aluminum
- Shared knowledge through our representation on the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory High Performance Building Façades Public Advisory Committee and leadership on the American Architectural Manufacturers Association’s Green and Sustainability Task Group
Learn more about Wausau’s LEED services, support and submissions, green products and energy-efficient performance, recycled material choices and project success stories and more by clicking on the above text or selecting from the menu items.